Monday, December 29, 2008

Circus

In 3 days, we will be bidding farewell to 2008 and usher in the New Year 2009. Looking back at the year that was, I can say that 2008 was a bittersweet, uneventful but a good year nonetheless. It took alot of growing up on my part, it took alot of risk that I know I did not calculate. It was my first time to experience retrenchment or what we call "redundancy". It was my first time to be out of work for the most part of the year. I landed a dream job that allowed me to meet new and exciting people. Eventhough money was few and far between, I met new friends, some of them are the who's who in the modelling business, and believe me friends, models are not what you think they are. I am just thankful that I landed a new corporate job before the year ends, and it's such a big relief for me. I'll keep my job as a talent agent on the side, but I'll focus more on my new corporate job. I am just so happy that despite the hardships that I went through this year, I am glad that I have friends who were there to give me whatever support they can give, whether morally, emotionally and financially. I am also thankful to my family for their love and support. I can say that 2008 was such a circus for me, primarily because at one point, I was on top of the world, and then at the snap of a finger, a rug was pulled underneath my feet. But, I am putting them all behind me now. I am going to bring with me all the best and positive experiences I had in 2008 into the New Year, and I am sure that 2009 will be the year Toshi Koshimizu will become the best Toshi Koshimizu he will ever be. What am I wishing for this 2009? Job security, good health for myself, family and friends, success, more guidance from God and hopefully, someone I can be with at the end of the day. Someone who will be waiting for me at home after a long day at work, someone who will love me for what I am and take me as I am. Just wishful thinking.........Have a great New Year, friends!

No comments: