Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fighting Depression

It's been more 2 months since my last day of work, but lately I have been facing a different battle. Something that I am trying to ward of, and the one thing I am a bit scared to experience: Depression. Honestly, I have been telling everyone that I am taking this break because I need it. I have been working straight since graduating from college, and this has been the longest break I have ever been. But, I am getting kinda bit depressed because I have been applying for a job but it seems that I am either underqualified or overqualified. Is it time for me to leave the call center industry in the meantime and try other fields? I have been working the night shift for 4 years, and sometimes it can get the better of me. It can be tiring. A new friend said that it is unhealthy. Well in fact, it is! I was never on the heavy side when I was younger. I used to be as thin as Kate Moss! I was still able to control my weight when I was in college. But now, I can't seem to ward off all the weight I gained! Oh well, I really have to do something about it. But believe me, I am trying so hard to fight the depression. I am trying to ward off depression because I don't wanna pity myself. That's why I really have to find ways to become more productive so that I won't feel depressed, or think about being depressed. I am thankful that I have friends and family that I get to talk to once in a while, so I can unload my inner feelings. I try to think of happy thoughts. I just think that there must be something better in store for me, that's why I am blogging right now to keep my sanity in check. But I am doing well, I think. And I think I am winning my battle against depression.

No comments: