Saturday, November 22, 2008

I'd Rather Leave While I'm In Love

Id Rather Leave While Im In Love - Regine Velasquez

I am still in Low Key mode these days. I believe that is one of Regine's best and most intimate album to date, simply because most of the songs are sang by her in a very mellow, low key way. One of my favorite tracks in the album is I'd Rather Leave While I'm In Love, a very melancholic song about saying goodbye to someone you love, while you still feel the same for that person. That song kind of explains the state of mind I have at the moment. No, it's not like I am breaking up with someone, but it's just so hard to explain why I want to leave while I'm in love. What I can say for now is that while I still believe that while I know I'm still enjoying, I wanna take a French leave before I regret why I plunged into something in the first place. I am not doing a Morse code or something, but I just apply the meaning of the song to what I am going through right now. I particularly like the part of the song that says: If you wake and find me gone, oh baby carry on, you see I need my fantasy. I still believe it's best to leave while I'm in love. That struck a chord to me, and that exactly explains the kind of feeling and state of mind I have at present. Well, I guess it's safe to say that it was good while it lasted. I had fun, I had a great time, but isn't it that time flies when you're having fun? And, I just suddenly had a wake up call one morning. Alot of realizations came, alot of self checking happened. I was still convincing myself that I wanna stay and make the most out of it, but what about my needs? What about my fantasies? My dreams? I have dreams of my own, and I have to work on those dreams alone to make them come true. Well I guess, all good things must come to an end, albeit temporarily. That's before before all else fails, I still believe it's best to leave while I'm in love.

No comments: