Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving in The Time of Crisis

Today, we are celebrating Thanksgiving. I know we are not in America and Thanksgiving is an all American tradition, but having worked in American companies for 4 years, I have somehow imbued that tradition. I remember celebrating Thanksgiving in the office complete with the usual stuff: butterball turkeys for our meals complete with stuffings, and usually it's not a busy day since it is a holiday in the US. There was also one time that we were also on holiday (but we were still paid hehehe). This year, Thanksgiving takes on a new meaning, since the US (and the rest of the world, including The Philippines) is experiencing a major financial crisis. I still think that even during these trying times, we still something to be thankful for. First, we should be thankful for the day to day blessings that God is giving us, and that in itself is something that we should be thankful for. I am also celebrating Thanksgiving in my own way because I also have alot to be thankful for, like meeting new friends this year and for the experiences that tested my strength as a person, and how I was able to overcome these experiences and the lessons I got along the way. I am also thankful because I am embarking on something new and that is really a great Christmas gift that I have received. I don't wanna go into details for now but this is something I am so thankful for, and finally I got it. I would like to greet everybody a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: