Monday, July 7, 2008

I'm Fine, Thank You

Hey everyone! To those who read my previous blog and for giving me kind words of encouragement, I thank you! So far, it's been 5 days since I've been out of work, but I am doing fine, thank you. I get to catch up on sleep and a few things in between. My 2 sisters arrived in town and they are about to leave for Tokyo this week, so this gives me the chance to spend time with them. I also get to do things I never had time to do, like clean the house and organize my stuff. I have been tagging along my sisters wherever they are. I was really flattered that my sisters and my brother-in-law took me out to dinner Saturday night at this Chinese restaurant in Binondo called Emperor. We had shabu-shabu and the food was fantastic! Too bad the place is about to close by October, so I guess I should come back there before it closes down. Early today, I attended the career transition thingie that Dell enrolled us in, to prepare us for a career transition. DBM, the company that is handling the career transition thingie, is gonna help us create a more effective resume and give us tips on how to ace an interview, plan the next steps we need to do with our career. The people there are very nice and accomodating. They can also provide us with workstations where we can type and print resumes and search for jobs online. The program is good for 30 days, so instead of me just being idle at home and doing nothing, going there is actually a nice idea. I may not get to go online as much as I did before but I'll still be blogging from time to time. I am taking this time that I am unemployed to rest and think and reflect about what I should do as far as work is concerned. Don't worry friends, I do not wallow in self pity and make myself feel that I am worthless. Moving on has never been this easy, believe me

No comments: