Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Favorite Quotes

Here are some of my favorite quotations. These are lines from my favorite movies and quotes from really noteable people.

1.Give a patient hearing to everyone giving suggestions & analyze it your way. But ultimately, make your own decisions because the success is yours and so are the regrets- Sushmita Sen, Miss Universe 1994

2. I'm 32, Mr. Dunn, and I'm here celebrating the fact that I spent another year scraping dishes and waitressing which is what I've been doing since 13, and according to you I'll be 37 before I can even throw a decent punch, which I have to admit, after working on this speed bag for a month may be the God's simple truth. Other truth is, my brother's in prison, my sister cheats on welfare by pretending one of her babies is still alive, my daddy's dead, and my momma weighs 312lbs. If I was thinking straight I'd go back home, find a used trailer, buy a deep fryer and some oreos. Problem is, this the only thing I ever felt good doing. If I'm too old for this then I got nothing. That enough truth to suit you?- Hilary Swank (as Maggie Fitzgerald) Million Dollar Baby, 2004

3. See, now I know why you like Sumo. You can never judge a man's power by his appearance alone- Ziyi Zhang (as Sayuri) in Memoirs of a Geisha, 2005

4. To whom much is given, much is expected in return
-Maya Angelou

5. When did being alone become the modern-day equivalent of being a leper? Will Manhattan restaurants soon be divided up into sections -- smoking / non-smoking, single / non-single? - Sarah Jessica Parker (as Carrie Bradshaw) Sex And The City season 2 ,1999

6. The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word "crisis". One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger, but recognize the opportunity- John F. Kennedy

7. It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.- Upton Sinclair (from the documentary An Inconvenient Truth)

8. I'm half-Irish, half-Dutch, and I was born in Belgium. If I was a dog, I'd be in a hell of a mess!- Audrey Hepburn

9. If they have no bread, then let them eat cake!- Marie Antoinette

10. Man is called to a fullness of life which far exceeds the dimensions of his earthly existence, because it consists in sharing the very life of God. The loftiness of this supernatural vocation reveals the greatness and the inestimable value of human life even in its temporal phase- Pope John Paul II

11. Everyone wants to ride with you in the limo, but what you need is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down- Oprah Winfrey

12. There are two types of women: those who want power in the world, and those who want power in the bedroom- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

How about you? Do you have any favorite quotation you would like to share? =)

No comments: